Sunday, February 2, 2014

WLP 670 Crop # 2

Batch number two will see no changes to the grist bill as I will seek to find the difference a crop of a yeast blend will make in the exact same conditions from 1 batch to another. This batch was pitched from a crop of the initial pitch of WLP 670 in my Rustic Golden Ale recipe. The only change I made was to do a fly sparge instead of a no sparge, looking to up the efficiency a little. To my surprise I still only got a 75% efficiency. This may actually be beneficial to the experiment in that the wort is exactly the same gravity.

 1/25/14 - Brewed. Same grain bill and hop schedule as the first Batch.


1/29/14 - Cropped yest. Krausen was not huge but still got a great crop.

1/31/14 - Pelicle already forming almost immediately after primary stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment